By now you have heard about the success of ‘Online Video’
and the rapid rate at which is is growing as a marketing tool, but do you fully understand the benefits it can offer your business. Here are a few statistics as well as tips, should you choose to make the investment.
- One minute of video, is the equivalent of 1.8 million words. To put that in perspective, the entire Game of Thrones novel series totals to approximately 1.7 million words, and that is 5 novels!
- 85% of UK internet users watch video content, increasingly so on mobile devices.
- Website customers are 44% more likely to purchase your product after viewing its corresponding video, than those who haven’t.
- Email marketing campaigns can be significantly improved when implementing video, by increasing the click through rate by 96%. If the video is an explainer video specific to the business, the click through rate can increase as high as 300%!
Some useful tips!
- When scripting your video, avoid jargon! Keep the script simple, use it to tell your story in the easiest and most efficient way possible. Customers won’t buy your product if they don’t understand your product.
- Keep it short! 90 seconds to 2 minutes is perfect. Beyond this the attention of the viewer will waiver.
- Unfortunately with the rise of the video marketing, this also means the market is becoming saturated with ‘generic’ explainer animations. It is best to avoid these, they will be low cost with a fast turn around, however your video will look identical to a lot of the content that has already been created.
- Following on from point 3… Video marketing is an incredibly powerful tool, if used correctly. The only limit with animation is your imagination, so get creative and stand out from the crowd!
If you have any tips yourself or your own experience of video marketing, let us know in the comments and share on LinkedIn. Feel free to connect with us, subscribe, or contact us if you have any questions.